Saturday, September 28, 2013

How Graced we are to be so Blessed

Lately, my husband and I have caught ourselves discussing how truly blessed we are.



 Both my husband and I have been through a lot, to put it lightly. We have both seen rock bottom and fortunately have been able to rebuild ourselves to be the people we are today. I know everyone has their own battles they fight, but I can honestly say that our battles have been extreme and for us to still be standing, nonetheless, standing together after all the years of chaos is nothing short of beautiful.


And my point with all of this is that without experiencing all the bad times, we would not see all the good things in our lives, for what it is worth. We have a roof over our heads, food on the table, good health, loving families, true friends, and most importantly, each other.


The beauty I am now able to see in the world, and that purest form of happiness I can now appreciate because I have seen how ugly the world can be and I have felt the depths of sadness. My new admiration  for the beauty in the world has become overwhelming and it feels amazing.

Now, I'm  really not a sappy person, but I just had to put these feelings, thoughts, and perspectives into writing. We are finally the lucky ones, we are so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment